I have been a freelance photographer for over 28 years, and during most of these years I have taught photography at various institutions and at different levels of expertise; from the basics for beginner enthusiast with their first camera, to the more advanced enthusiast, and B’tec and degree students aiming to become professional photographers. In the last ten years I have run my own photography workshops and courses, and a number have been given to professional photographers.
I offer 1-2-1 tuition or small group workshops, each designed to what you want to learn. The workshops are practical and hands on, with some theory. You learn by doing; this method of teaching has been shown to both maximize learning and enjoyment on the day.
Here are just some Photography Workshops that can be offered:
- The basics – knowing your camera and getting the most out of it
- All about exposure and the creative use of depth of field
- Portraits using off camera flash in the studio, home or location
- Successful Head-shots
- Lighting with studio lights and portable flash
- Using ambient light and reflectors
- Street Photography
- Digital processing and workflow management
The cost for a 1-2-1 session is £35 per hour (minimum of 2 hours) Discounts are available for group bookings, a days workshop or bookings of a course running for three of more weeks. All workshops and courses include a follow up, and handouts.
If you would like to know more, or talk through your requirements, please contact me.